VACCO’s green mono-propellant Micro Propulsion System (MiPS) provides a highly reliable solution for a fully self-contained CubeSat attitude control and main propulsion system. JPL’s Lunar Flashlight program will use VACCO’s MiPS configured for ADN green propellant to perform its Lunar surveying mission.
The VACCO Lunar Flashlight MiPS is approximately 3U in volume and uses four 100 mN thrusters to develop 3,320 N-sec of total impulse that provides 237 m/s of delta-V for a 14 kg CubeSat. Each thruster independently operates to perform both delta-V and ACS maneuvers controlled by an integrated microprocessor controller.
- Integral titanium fluid control manifold and low friction, space grade valves
- All welded tank construction contains 2 kg of propellant
- Integrated microcontroller and RS-422 interface enable high-level commands from the host spacecraft
- Low power with < 1 Watt for health and status monitoring
- Easily configured for different mono-propellants
- ADN green (LMP-103S)
- Air Force green (AF-M315E)
- Performance density: 969 N-sec/L