VACCO’s NASA C-POD Micro Propulsion System is a self-contained unit designed to occupy the center of a 3U CubeSat. A total of eight thrusters in groups of two at four corners of the module allows for precise rendezvous and proximity operations with full CubeSat attitude control.
The NASA CubeSat propulsion module uses R134a propellant, which self-pressurizes over the normal operating temperature range and helps to ensure range safety. This smart system is designed to interface with the spacecraft through an RS422 data bus for command and control.
The NASA C-POD Micro CubeSat Propulsion System can be scaled down from 0.8U based upon the mission and payload requirements.
- Inherently safe non-toxic R134a propellant
- Two seals against leakage of propellant
- Eight fast response, low power 25 mN cold gas thrusters
- Smart system with integral electronic controller
- Aluminum construction
- Light weight
- Ensures destruction during re-entry
- Proportional heater and temperature sensor for precise control of propellant pressure
|Operating Temperature Range||0°C to 60°C||Total Impulse||186 N-sec|
|Operating Voltage||9 to 12.6 vdc||Nominal Continuous Thrust||25 mN +/- 5 mN|
|Max Standby Power Consumption||0.25 watts||Minimal Impulse Bit||0.20 mN-sec|
|Max Steady-State Power||5 watts||Thruster Valve Response||<2 mSec|
|Specific Impulse (Isp)||40 s||Estimated Weight with Propellant||1,244 grams|
Performance characteristics are based on customer requirements. As such, they are not representative of component capabilities or limitations.